Friday, December 29, 2017

When things go awry on a holiday ...


I guess I should be happy as we move into a new year… but I’m not.

I have been disillusioned in regards to my relatives. I usually try to give them the benefit of the doubt. People say I should be nicer. I should overlook their imperfections …and then when things go missing, I should go and buy new ones. I have too much anyway and I should share the wealth. 

I am done with that line of thinking. The people who tout the “Be nice. You have more than you need. You need to give to others.” mantra are usually the ones who sneak in when no one is looking and suck you dry of whatever is on their radar that day. 

But there comes a point where it is no longer giving. It becomes taking, and taking and taking again… without permission. In the real world we call that stealing. Kids should be made to realize that you don’t steal from people no matter if you think they have more than they need; and you need that thing they have so why not take it. No one is looking. No one will know. 

But we do know and we feel icky as we realize we are related to a thief and wonder if this person will walk the path of the good or the path of evil. Now is the time in their lives when it is when they decide if they will be a good person or a bad person.

I, for one, hope they pick the right path. Because what they may find down the other road may be more than they bargained for.


I guess I should pray for them. It is the right thing to do. And I will pray for me too that I have a grateful heart for all the blessings I do have. I thank God for that.

No comments: