Saturday, May 26, 2012

Brainwaves - Daily Inspiration

Have you ever noticed that sometimes you discover a way of doing things that is perfect for you and then somehow you get knocked off that path and you forget. That happened with me.

When I worked in St. Louis the stress was overwhelming. The only way I found to deal with it was via subliminal cassettes by Kelly Howell and Alpha, Beta, Theta and Delta Brainwave CDs by a man named Dr. Jeffrey Thompson.

Now, don't go thinking this is all too woo-woo. Department stores have used many types of subliminal tactics for years.

The CDs and cassettes only consisted of music with no lyrics. Mostly ambient sounds with binaural beats. These brainwave musical CDs saved my sanity, no joke.

My favorite and most used Kelly Howell CD is called Positive Thinking. Since I'm a writer of fiction I'm constantly in "what if" mode. What if this happened, what if that happened. Now, that's great for brainstorming stories but not for constantly second-guessing yourself.

I bring this all up to say that yesterday I found an app called Brainwave -30 Programs. It has all sorts of alpha, theta, beta and delta programs. Some will put you to sleep, some will help your creativity, and some will help with stress reduction.

I'm already in love with this app. And using it will definitely help me when I slip into overwhelm.

What about you? Did you rediscover something you've loved recently? Remember our motto from the other day: Keep Moving Forward. Remember those things that helped you in the past and start them up again today.

Blessings!

No comments: