Friday, April 13, 2012

Godly Brewing- Daily Inspiration

Jesus said, "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."
John 10:27

I revealed myself to those who did not ask for me, I was found by those who did not seek me,"
says the Lord. - Isaiah 65:1

When I gave out my invite cards to my church's Easter Sunday service, I wasn't sure the effect they would have. The guy who plainly gave me the hard glare and cold shoulder has been going out of his way to be nice to me recently. He's always been civil, speaking occasionally. But he saw I was attempting to get into a locked door one day last week. He could have just let me walk around the building, I'd done it before. He probably saw me from a hundred feet away. But he spanned that distance walked up a few stairs and let me in.

I appreciated the gesture. He even smiled. It was an awkward kind of smile, the type that makes it seem like he didn't make the attempt very often.

As I was walking away from him and into the lunch room, I wondered if God was working inside of him. He seemed like one of those people who needed to come to such a great decision on his own and in his own time. I'm sure it will be baby steps for him.

Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good.
Anyone who does what is good is from God. - 3 John 1:11


Don't conform to the patterns of this world,
but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. - Romans 12:2

I could have chosen to by-pass that one guy who seemed so adamant in his refusal not to attend church. But something inside of me made me attempt it, even though he didn't accept my offer or my card.

Even in our supposed failures God can brew a success. God's plan eludes me. I can't think big enough to decipher the plans of the Lord, but I want him to use me as a tool to help other people, the lost, find Him.

I don't always know the right thing to say, but I know God does.

Has God put people in your path he wants you to touch in some way. Don't be frightened by the prospect of talking to them. Let God speak speak through you, even if you think you'll say the wrong words. God will make it work for His good.

Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. - 1 John 4:7

No comments: