Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Reflections - Daily Inspiration

When you change the way you look at things,
the things you look at change.

Walking through life is a lot like navigating your way through a fun house of mirrors. Everywhere you turn all you see is your own reflection.

And that's how life is really. The lives of others are only reflections of ourselves.

You don't get what I mean? Let me give you an example.

Have you ever known someone who had a habit that really annoyed you? Well, don't come down too hard on them. All you're seeing is an aspect of yourself reflected in their actions. That's why it bugs you so much. You do it too!

You may not want to admit it, but subconsciously, you know the truth. You have that annoying trait.

That's why I have to catch myself before judging anyone too harshly. I can sometimes see that annoying trait in myself and sometimes I can't, but I know it's there. And I'd rather be safe than sorry.

The way of fools seems right to them, but the wise listen to advice.
Proverbs 12:15


Do not judge, or you too will be judged.
Matthew 7:1

Sometimes we don't notice the reflections in that fun house of mirrors but we get lost navigating our way to the other side. Kind of reminds you of life, doesn't it? We tend to walk in circles, learning the same lessons over and over until someone comes along and gives us a helping hand to find a way out.

I want to remind you that God is that helping hand. He's always with you, walking right beside you, offering you his loving kindness. Accept his help today.

Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24

No comments: