Monday, April 23, 2012

Meant To Be - Daily Inspiration

You were meant to be touching the lives that you touch,
Meant to be here giving this world to much more
than it could be without you in it.
— Steven Curtis Chapman, "Meant To Be"

Yes, I'm obsessed. Steven Curtis Chapman, AGAIN! I can only laugh. I'm a dork.

When I first heard this song, it really touched me. I think it was originally written for a Veggie Tales movie. I'm so glad SCC decided to put this song on his latest album, "re•creation."

You were meant to be exactly where you are RIGHT NOW. Dealing with the situations you are dealing with. Encountering the people you've been encountering.

We sometimes think we've taken the wrong road, made the wrong decision, but every decision you make is part of God's plan. And he knew about it before you even thought it.

Doesn't that blow your mind?

It's like the mind of God is better than any super-computer we puny humans could ever create, better than any genius who ever lived. God coordinated the lives and decisions of the entire world, every single one of us. We are right now exactly where He wants us to be. And if you are reading this - God planned it. We are doing exactly what he wants us to do.

You may be in a bad situation, it may be horrible, sad, unhealthy, or even deadly, but you are where you are supposed to be.

Are you giving the world the strength of who you really are? Are you touching the lives you should be touching? If not, maybe it's time you started. I've heard someone tell me once that if you have a rolodex, you have a ministry. Well, I guess these days it would be, if you have a contact list, you have a ministry.

My prayer for you is to never fear that you're walking down the wrong path. God has placed you just where you need to be. He's equipped with you talents that will make it easier for you to accomplish His mission. Trust in Him and let Him lead you to the cross.

No comments: